Matt MyersFreelance Marketing, Design, and Consulting
Matt Myers is an expert in Marketing, Design, and Consulting on Print and Web with a focus on User Experience Design. He has over two decades of web design and user interface experience.
Matt served as a Creative Director for thirteen years and has over thirty years of experience as a professional graphic designer.
- Client Relationships
- Team Leadership
- CSS and CSS3
- Project Leader
- Cross-Functional Teams
- Brand Development
Director of Information Technology
Climate Solutions, Inc.
August 2015 — Present
- Develop, maintain and support corporate secure employee portal.
- Maintain database for quoting customer jobs and parts ordered.
- Support and maintain corporate website, both customer facing and admin area.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs and Macs, operating systems, telephone system, software applications, and peripherals.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Monitor social media and suggest strategies and schedules for posts.
- Design company communications, event invitation, and any and all print collateral.
- Obtain pricing and availability of HVAC parts from multiple manufacturers and industry partners. Deliver best pricing options to company owner in order to facilitate the customer quoting process.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving with UPS, FedEx, and various LTL Freight carriers.
Note: Since the pandemic, the majority of my time at this job has been focused on the logistics of procuring parts and coordination of receiving freight and updating inventory in the warehouse.
Digital Production Manager
April 2014 — July 2015
- Direct the successful completion of all digital work, including, websites, emails, digital advertising, and search engine marketing and related analytics.
- Determine scope, project requirements and assets required to complete all digital projects, including selection of appropriate vendors, platforms and technologies.
- Manage deliverables of the project team to ensure digital projects are delivered on time, on budget and on strategy to meet agency and client satisfaction.
- Develop project schedules/timelines and ensure adherence to/completion of all steps by staff and vendors.
- Create wireframes and user interface designs for websites. Design and develop client email newsletters.
September 2012 — September 2013
- “Marketing Manager” title on paper, but in-practice I created and managed two e-commerce websites.
- Manage marketing and graphic design projects in support of product development.
- Manage all internal and external resources for all marketing and advertising projects.
- Create original design ideas and enhance existing graphics as needed based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Graphics and Marketing Support for products in Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco, and Academy Sports.
Creative Director / Owner
May 1999 — September 2012
- Developed wireframes and designed UX/CX interfaces that meet client’s needs.
- Managed multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Budgeting for advertising, client projects, and freelance needs.
- Managed staff of freelance designers and developers.
- Social media, print design, and video work for projects, as needed.
- Developed marketing plans, SEO, content for web and print, advertising strategies, etc.
- 111 clients when the business was sold in 2012.
Senior Web Designer/Design Team Leader
October 1997 — May 2004
- Responsible for all visual design elements and user interface for all of Lowes.com and microsites.
- Created User Interface for Lowes.com, Kobalt Tools, Harbor Breeze fans, and Lowe’s Racing sites.
- Held user interface testing for multiple designs on each site, prior to launch.
- Worked closely with marketing managers to create graphics and landing pages for marketing campaigns.
- Oversaw the Spanish translation of Lowes.com, working closely with an overseas vendor.
Graphic Artist/Production Manager
February 1997 — October 1997
- Designed embroidery patches and managed production of mousepads and other dye-sublimation products.
Advertising Design and Layout
May 1996 — February 1997
- Sold and designed ads, assisted in printing the paper, and ran an offset press for other printing jobs.
Bachelor’s Degree – Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology
Boone, NC, 1996